An area dedicated to TB Groupe and its “Made in France” kitchen knives
A major international event
The Sirha is a biennial trade exhibition for food service and hospitality professionals taking place in Lyon at the Eurexpo. This is a major event that gathers suppliers, manufacturers and distributers working in the hospitality and food service industries. The Sirha showcases a panoply of food products, equipment and services for professionals working in one of modern society’s most successful sectors, the food service industry.
Company presidents, chefs, pastry chefs, purchasing managers, marketing executives, R&D managers, consultants, engineers, equipment installers, architects, designers and a wide variety of artisans (bakers, chocolatiers, butchers, fish and cheese mongers, caterers) from around the world will mingle during this 5-day event.
This event is the perfect occasion for companies to network, make new business partnerships and job opportunities.
Naturally, the honorable representative of quality French-made cutlery TB Groupe will be participating in this event!
Come explore TB Groupe’s “Made in France” kitchen knives!
The Sirha is a trade fair brimming with excitement, which showcases the latest inventions and products. Each Sirha event presents visitors with hundreds of new products, providing them with an extensive overview of the latest market trends.
TB Groupe is known throughout France and worldwide as a high-end kitchen knife manufacturer. Two years ago, TB Groupe was (invited to participate in Sirha), this year the manufacturer from Thiers will exhibit all of its collections of cutlery articles, including its most successful collections that were created thanks to TB Groupe’s effective innovation policy. These key collections include the following:
- The famous ceramic kitchen knives Le Couteau du Chef® : these knives have incredibly strong blades with a high percentage of zirconium dioxide, they have an unmatched cutting capacity, are considered to be top-tier knives and have been praised by the public over the past several years.
- The “Made in France” Evercut kitchen knives® : are considered to be the best knives available on the market. They offer an unmatched cutting edge thanks to TB Groupe’s technological prowess. The process fuses titanium carbide along the high-end steel blade’s edge, creating a blade that practically never dulls and has a longevity that is almost 300 times longer than the average kitchen knife!
- The professional grade Maestro knives® : have a unique design that is traditional yet contemporary. They continue to catch the public’s eye and are becoming increasingly popular.
Where to find TB Groupe and their “Made in France” kitchen knives
Feel free to come and meet TB Groupe’s representatives at Sirha 2017. The cutlery company from Thiers will be exhibiting its products at Hall 6, stand 6C72. We will be more than happy to show you our extensive lines of French-made cutlery items.
Sirha 2017’s highlights
Contests, workshops, conferences and debates
Sirha is also renowned for its quality program of scheduled events. Each Sirha event attracts a passionate and exacting public with its countless debates and conferences covering diverse subjects. This year a large audience is expected to attend one of the event’s major round table discussions called Food for Seniors: Stakes and New Needs.
The wide array of contests that pepper the trade fair’s program bring a ludic aspect to the event.
12th European Championship of Sugar
A perfect example of Sirha’s entertaining events is the European Championship of Sugar that will take place January 24 and 25 in Hall 4! The aim of this competition is to showcase the pastry trade. The 12 contestants will have 7 hours to complete an artistic piece made of sugar that may be worked in the following ways: drawn, blown, poured, etc. This event will take place in the Pastry and Ice Cream House so come on down and take a look at their edible creations!
The Bocuse d’or
Every two years, the Sirha holds the final round of the prestigious Bocuse d’or culinary contest, where 24 young chefs from around the world will compete for the greatest award the gastronomy world has to offer!
After months of preparation and several elimination rounds, the final competitors were carefully selected for their specialized culinary talent. These competitors come from various countries (Europe, Asia, Latin America, etc). In a few short days the most promising chefs in the world will be present in Lyon for this competition! The Bocuse d’or was created in 1987 by Paul Bocuse with the aim of highlighting the chefs’ talent and unique skills. This year the competition will be celebrating its 30th anniversary.
The trade fair in numbers
It would be an understatement to say that the Sirha is a dynamic and decisive trade fair. The following lists a few statistics and quantitative information that properly represent this event’s international stature and importance:
- Over 3,000 exhibitors (including the French cutlery company TB Groupe!), including 500 international exhibitors representing 25 different countries
- 19 international sections and 22 French sections
- Approximately 200, 000 visitors
- Approximately 200 meetings between buyers and international experts
- 1,500 scheduled events per day
- 4 stages
- Approximately 20 competitions
- Countless online interviews, debates and conferences
- 1,000 journalists, 400 of which are foreign press
Sirha: practical information
- Dates: Saturday January 21 – Wednesday January 25, 2017
- Hours: Open to visitors from 9AM – 6PM
- Location: Eurexpo, Boulevard des Droits de l’Homme, 69500 Bron, France